Serving Size – 4
For The Stock
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup onions , chopped
1/2 cup chopped potatoes
For The Topping
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped spinach (palak)
1/4 cup low fat milk
1 tsp low fat butter
salt and to taste
For the stock
- Combine all the ingredients, add 5 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles
- When cooked, allow to cool, blend in a liquidiser and keep aside.
For the topping
- Heat the butter and sauté the onions for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and sauté again for a little while.
- Add the stock and boil for a few minutes.
- Warm the milk and add it to the soup. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.